Sunday, January 6, 2013

DIY--Stay-Put Kitchen Towels

I enjoy being crafty, and I like to use my sewing machine when being crafty, because it gives me the knowledgable--"Look, Ma, what I can do!"--kind of feeling haha. But sometimes it's hard to find something that I'm inspired to make because it's too time-consuming, too high an experience level, not something I'd really use, etc. But when I came across a Pinterest post referencing Stay-Put Kitchen Towels, I thought, "Perfect!" They seemed fun, easy to do, and I could make some just in time for Christmas gifts!

They did turn out fun and easy to make, although making 6 at one time was a bit more time consuming than I had anticipated. But it was well worth it, and the towels were well received gifts. They were also the gifts I was most proud of, other than a microwavable neck warmer I made for my husband.

To see the tutorial that I used (and perhaps make your own Stay-Put Kitchen Towels), click here. I decided not to add the decorative strip of fabric at the bottom of the towels like the tutorial shows. Echoing another blogger who also made these towels from this tutorial, I felt that it decreased the usable towel space a little too much. Enjoy!












1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute idea ! I'm going to try this one soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete