Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

We've made it into another year! 2012 was busy, busy, busy (in a good way haha), and I don't expect this new year to be any different. But who wants to have nothing to do anyway? Boring!

The best thing that happened to me in 2012 was that I got to marry my best friend. Every day, I'm thrilled that I get to be with him, and I'm excited to finish out our first year of marriage in 2013 and see what more God has in store for us. First up will be a cat! I'm excited to add a furry member to our family. Coming soon!

My husband and I kept our New Year's Eve celebration quiet this year; we just returned from a whirl-wind family tour  haha and were pretty tired. But I had enough motivation to whip up some yummy bruschetta which we ate throughout the evening, and then we enjoyed some mint chocolate chip ice cream before watching the NY Times Square ball drop on TV. All in all, it was just perfect. :)



Feta Bruschetta

     1/4 Cup better, melted
     1/4 Cup olive oil
     1 French Baguette, sliced
     1 (4 oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
     2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
     1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
     1 tomato, seeded and chopped

Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine butter and oil; brush onto both sides of bread. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.

Combine the feta cheese, garlic, and basil; sprinkle over the bread. Top with tomato. Bake 8 - 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment